Thursday, November 29, 2012

Another Low for Metro Employees

Via Facebook:
I was on the Orange Line yesterday morning when a man sitting close to me suffered a series of seizures while the train was at Federal Triangle.

I was completely shocked by what seemed to be complete incompetence and bad attitude from Metro employees!

Passengers were attending to the man and calling 911, while Metro employees were just walking around aimlessly, in no rush to assist.

After what seemed to be about 10-15 minutes, I asked whether they alerted paramedics, and the response was “if they get here, they get here. If they don’t, they don’t.”

I’m disgusted of the lack of professionalism, but more so by the lack of sympathy towards a suffering human being.
Other items: 
Two takes on the FTA safety audit: Examiner and WaPo 
Traffic woes will linger for decades (Examiner)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter