Friday, June 10, 2011

Creeps


A reader sent the following via Twitter:
An African American teenager put his hand up my dress at the Huntington-bound platform at Chinatown around 8 p.m. on Monday.

I was vocal in calling him out, but when I confronted him, no one else intervened.

He said "I enjoyed it."

I left to report him to Metro as he laughed at me.

He had a medium complexion, with a slim build. He was 16-18 years old. He was 5'7"-5'10", with a pastel polo shirt and short curly hair.

The police were great. Let's hope for the best.
Last night, I saw another creepy dude.

As I was reading email on my phone at Rosslyn on the Vienna-bound platform around 9:30, out of the corner of my eye, I saw what appeared to be two friends saying goodbye for the night with a friendly hug.

I had my headphones in, so I couldn't hear what was said between them, but after the embrace, the woman came up to me with a nervous look on her face.

I took out my earbuds, and she told me "I have no idea who that was."

A Blue Line train was coming, and as it was pulling in, she came back to me and, with a nervous laugh, said "if I end up in the missing persons report, please remember my face."

It was hard to tell if she was joking or not.

Anyway, the guy had disappeared, so I smiled and said "Sure. OK" and explained that it had looked to me like they knew each other.

She shrugged her shoulders, shook her head and boarded the train.

I made sure she wasn't followed.

I scanned the platform toward my left, in the direction he'd walked and didn't see him. But as I turned my head back around, I saw the same guy on my right "playfully" try to grab another young woman as he passed her rounding the corner to hop on the down escalator, which he marched up.

I asked her what happened, and she told me it was pretty much the same as I'd seen. She remarked how brazen the guy was, but she didn't seem too concerned as she had a male friend with her.

Then, two other guys joined the discussion. They had seen the guy acting strangely toward women upstairs.

He seemed to be circulating around the station.

I called Metro Transit Police who took down my description: African American male, mid-to-late 20s, shortish (5'7"-5'8"), average build, with short hair, a receding hairline, glasses, a dark polo shirt and dark slacks.

Anyone else out there seen either one of these creeps?

Other items:
Metro's "new approach" to track work (WMATA)
This weekend's work (WMATA)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter