Thursday, January 14, 2010

Some Metrobus Drivers Deserve Cookies


From Angela:

On Jan. 11, I was taking my usual 96 bus to work.

There's kind of a "crew" on the bus among the regular riders. Needless to say, it gets a little boisterous, even at 6:30 on a Monday morning!

It's great!

Anyway, I got off at my usual stop and started going on my merry way when I hear my bus driver yelling at me: "You forgot your bag!"

Holy crap! I did forget my bag!

So I ran back to the bus and one of my great fellow bus riders met me with my bag.

Charlie, the bus driver, is one of the best bus drivers I have come across in the city. I've been riding his bus for over a year now, and he's just a great guy.

That he stopped the bus so that I could retrieve my bag is so nice! I brought him some cookies this morning to show my appreciation.

I don't usually have a problem with most bus drivers, but Charlie definitely goes above and beyond most Metro employees.

Thanks, Charlie for making my Monday a little better!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read on the City Paper's blog that Catoe's resigning.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Charlie! Can we make him a trainer for the rest? (Without, I hope, ruining the day for the riders of his current line.)

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, The Sarah Palin Solution.

As Linus Van Pelt said: "No problem is so big or so complex that it can't be run away from."

Anonymous said...

It's nice to read about someone who does their job well and goes the extra mile. Here's hoping Charley sees this and realizes his work is valued by his customers.

Anonymous said...

Yay Charlie!

Anonymous said...

On the Orange Line on Tuesday (?) night, I was on a train with a great operator - he patiently told everyone near the doors to step off, and promised he would give us extra time to get back on. And he did! It made the ride MUCH more pleasant because we all didn't feel nearly so cutthroat. He should have announced his name - kudos to him, too!

Anonymous said...

kudos to all the nice people that work for metro. i encounter them daily.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter