Thursday, May 6, 2010

Metro Cars...er...Cares


I'll pay anything. Just make it go away/Bollocks

Tear jerker/Gooooood Morning Metro riders!

Lay-Z Boy/Broken AC


Major fare increases are coming, and Metro wants to listen to you!

Here's your chance to choose what headache inducing, fare increase sticker color combo you would like to see plastered everywhere.

Select wisely, but remember if your first choice is not used for this year's increase, it's likely there'll be another chance to choose next year!


Other items:
Metro "fires" bus driver (Examiner)
DC streetcars could be free in some areas (WTOP)
Teen shot on Metrobus (WaPo)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No red-white-and-blue option? Metro employees red in the face all the time, white with fear of lawsuits and blue as blue can be over such a career choice.

Anonymous said...

Sad thing is these probably are some of the options Metro is considering.

Anonymous said...

Totally off topic....but the most amazing thing happned...the platform escalator at eastern market was broken and had a sign saying it would be fixed by May 7, 2010. It was fixed today, a day early!!! I just lost a $100 bet.

Anonymous said...

After the hellish commute I just endured this morning on the Orange line....the thought of major fare increases make me see red. So I guess the red sticker is fitting!

Anonymous said...

Ah, leave it up to Metro to waste even more money! Just change the fare increase as demonstrated by Unsuck with the green and white sticker.

Kara said...

Why do we need a new price increase sticker? Just use the ones they have not taken down yet and slap the updated info on them.

Anonymous said...

I can't afford to take Metro Rail if prices go up. I have no choice but to take the bus which is two hours each way (Old Town to Rosslyn). This is bullshit.

Anonymous said...

I like the green ones the best because they like to put them on the turnstiles next to the red illuminated "Do Not Enter" symbols. Too small to read and confusing all at the same time.

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous 2:06

I'm right there with you. This is getting so ridiculous. I don't know who many times I have left some of my classes early just so I can get to the station before the regular fare is charged because I just can't do it anymore. I wish that I could ride a bike from Suitland to College Park!

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter