Monday, July 6, 2009

NextBus Reviews Mixed but Trend Positive

Positive:
cway1979
NextBus service is eerily accurate.. :-) Can make or break a "good" morning, in my opinion.

AmberPittser Nextbus is really cool. Predicted my bus within 40 seconds this morning! Great job @wmata!
tedrick #nextbus #dc success! site smart enough to list multiple routes, 0 min and #bus appears!
tnt_tech WMATA finally goes live with NextBus Service. It works great frm iPhone. www.nextbus.com/mini.html
ericnuzum all hail NextBus. What a shockingly useful and effective tool...from Metro of all organizations
cksieloff I heart NextBus. Way to go, #wmata!
anikjain I used NextBus today at lunch and it worked like a charm...walked up to the bus stop right as my bus got there! Thanks WMATA!
matt3470 oh i love this new goodie - NextBus is live!!! #nextbus #wmata #metro #dc #transit http://twitpic.com/90etn
mbercovici day 1 of my metro breakup. SO over farragut north. NextBus app is up, used for am & pm bus. actually worked. http://tinyurl.com/mpoeru
mazzie Just played #wmata roulette with nextbus and won. Let a packed bus pass for an empty one a minute later.
kaprian Successfully used #NextBus (http://wmata.nextbus.com/) this morning . It was right on the money.
nickcf Much to my surprise NextBus actually worked today (although I suspect a bus came in between scheduled stops)
kaprian #NextBus (http://wmata.nextbus.com/) was very accurate in predicting when the packed bus would zoom by my stop without picking anyone up.
krnjulia89 @alexpriest the #nextbus feature is pretty sick. no more guessing how late I'll be to work now. :)
cnyttan the new metro nextbus page really works! i knew exactly when to go to the bus stop .
emilytbever NextBus is my hero for the day!! Have to go directly to their site on my phone. Metro link doesn't work #wmata
Petersrole Just conducted my first test of NextBus (from the safety of my living room). Bus was about six minutes past schedule, and NextBus knew it.


Negative:
myriadian @nolageek @mazzie I'm not impressed with nextbus, it looks unintelligable. (Sp?)
delrayser NextBus FAIL
Jessican_DC tried the NextBus thing, but the automated system couldn't recognize my keypad to enter the stop ID. #wmata
KatyComeTrue Big @wmata fail. "Next Bus" launched tody but doesn't recognize my bus route as valid. Even after six tries. No clue when the next bus is.
lustyreader @KatyComeTrue lame-o! also lame that they only have the "next bus" display in SOME the bus stops. not all of us have bberries, etc.
jdar #dc the new lauded #NextBus system == Horrendous. Shameful. Frustrating. WTF? We paid HOW much?


Related:
WaPo story on NextBus

Other news/opinion:
Someone should be fired (op/ed) (Washington Examiner)
Catoe's version (WaPo)
6 key questions (WaP0)
Metro's internal problems (op/ed) ( Washington Examiner)
Fenty's rep takes post crash hit (WaPo)



add to del.icio.us Add to Blinkslist add to furl Digg it add to ma.gnolia Stumble It! add to simpy seed the vine TailRank post to facebook
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter