Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rider Hall of Shame: Fetal Seat Hog

From reader Steph:
Saw this winner on the Orange Line to Vienna the other day. It as about 2 p.m. on a pretty crowded train. Someone sat next to me shortly after I took the picture, and people were standing. Lucky for him, he got to lounge comfortably for the ride. He was DEFINITELY awake: awake and reading and thus "aware" of the crowds!

Other Hall of Shame members:
Clippin'
Dippin'
The Encroacher
Wide Stance

How would we forget Arm Barber!

...and our ever-growing list of annoying riders

Other items:
October track maintenance (WMATA)
Metro to keep a closer eye on you (WaPo)
Parachuting pol probably thought Metro was great (WaPo)

add to del.icio.us Add to Blinkslist add to furl Digg it add to ma.gnolia Stumble It! add to simpy seed the vine TailRank post to facebook

17 comments:

Atiyah said...

I would have kindly said excuse me can I sit here please?

SP said...

I Always ask people to move. If you don't open your mouth then you won't get a seat.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Atiyah... Sometimes it is just as simple as asking someone if he/she could make room. If he says no, THEN we plaster his inconsiderate face all over the web. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree that people need to speak up and ask for people like this to make room, but on the other hand he should be polite enough to notice that his second seat is needed and make room without having to be asked. Were people raised in barns?

I put my bag on the seat next to me when the train is not crowded, but as soon as most of the inside seats are taken I move it to my lap. It's called good manners!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who would even think that was ok on an empty train deserves to have their face splashed all over teh internet!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone really think he's unaware of how rude and selfish his actions were? I think he was well aware and just didn't care. How Metro of him. Wonder if he's a bus driver?

Anonymous said...

I don't even bother to ask people to move, i only say 'excuse me' or 'move' and motion with my hand that they should slide over or get out of my way in some way so i can sit down.

Anonymous said...

I honestly feel like sh-t today. Can I please ride home like this? Red line around 5:00. Save me a seat or two please.

Anonymous said...

I would have said, "excuse me, are those your legs?" Small words, but they can mean so much.

Anonymous said...

He's kinda cute though.

Anonymous said...

... in a fetal sort of way? :)

Unknown said...

These photos need to be posted on Orange Line cars or at the stations. Make them Wanted Posters, or even Milk Carton lost kid pictures. If any of these perps have friends they will deal out the shit.

Roma Tekovi said...

He looks like Kevin McKidd. To get him to move, shout, "Thirteeeeeeeeeeeen!"

Anonymous said...

You will be proud of the work being done over at www.SeatHogs.com.

hungeryjack said...

Nice post - fetal pictures ..Keep Posting


Ron
fetal pictures

gizmo2000 said...

I would have just sat down on his legs.

Anonymous said...

You people all sound short.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter