Monday, July 12, 2010
Most training programs end with some sort of culminating event, a crucible one must survive in order to be part of the team.
Many organizations keep the details of these rites of passage secret, but on Friday, we may have caught a glimpse into just what it takes to be initiated in the ranks of McGruff punching, prostitute soliciting, drug dealing, knife wielding, red light running, pedestrian terrorizing Metrobus drivers.
Apparently, it goes something like this:
In broad daylight:
1. Obtain a bus driver uniform
2. Sneak into a bus garage
3. Obtain the keys to a bus
4. Drive like a bat out of hell through the city streets preferably a) terrorizing pedestrians or b) hitting a tree.
5. Ditch bus when cops catch on
6. Flee the scene
7. Lead cops on a foot chase
8. Make your way back to the garage for the initiation ceremony without being caught by police
Sadly, this candidate didn't quite make the cut. He was nabbed by the cops before making it back to safety. Lucky for him, he'll just have to start the training course again and hope he can complete the final task successfully next time.
Thanks to @seneco for originally tweeting this incident
Posted by Unsuck DC Metro at 7:45 AM