Monday, February 11, 2013

Nickel-and-Diming Riders? Part 1

From Aaron:
I recently setup Auto Reload on my registered SmarTrip card.

The credit card that was on the account became compromised, and I had to wait to receive a new one as the credit card company canceled it.

During this time my SmarTrip dropped below the $20 minimum, and Metro could not charge the credit card, naturally.

By the time I got the new card, I got an email from Metro stating that they cancelled the Auto Reload and wiped my SmarTrip clean of any funds because they could not charge my credit card.

 I had about $19 and some change left on the card.

I do not understand why they would zero out my SmarTrip card.

That is my money.  They charged my credit card. Why would Metro steal from me?

I have tried calling and emailing the address and phone number on the back of the card, but my pleas to reimburse my card have gone unanswered.



 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter