Thursday, February 14, 2013

That First Step is a Doozy

This is a recurring problem at Metro.

From John:
Tuesday morning, I was on my way into the city on the Red Line when I heard, "Sh*t!" come from the train driver's cabin.

My head bolted up out of my newspaper because that's the last thing you want to hear from your train conductor, especially on the mishap-prone DC Metro system.

I was on the left side of the train, in the second seat from the front, and I looked out the window to see that I was looking at the concrete barrier at the end of the Rockville station. 
The driver has overshot the station by half a car's length.  The doors opened and luckily no one tried to exit the train at the front door.

Wonder if the reason this keeps happening is this:




 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter