Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Trashcan for the Record Books

In an effort to haul in tourist revenue to the flagging system, Metro has constructed the largest underground trashcan made of plywood in the western hemisphere (10' x 10' x 4') on the eastern end of the Orange/Blue platform at Metro Center.

"I'm so glad I went out of my way to come to Metro Center to see this behemoth," said one out of town visitor who casually tossed an empty Starbucks Frappuccino cup into the mammoth square. "I feel good contributing to the record breaking pile of filth. A monumental city deserves monumental trash receptacles."

"You don't really have to aim," said another tourist who'd heard about the gargantuan rubbish bin. "I just toss my garbage--food, drink, whatever--in the general direction and swish. You can't miss! It's so convenient."

Catch it soon before it fills up!

Other items:
Residents petition for security cameras at Greenbelt (Patch)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter