Friday, April 13, 2012

Welome Aboard Metrobus


Illustration from this Flickr

From Mark:
Two P6 buses arrived at the Rhode Island Ave. Metro at approximately 7:35 p.m. Tuesday evening.

I had been waiting since 6:25.

Upon boarding the bus (number 2412), I asked the operator about the delay.

He not only got annoyed with me for questioning him, but he ordered me off the bus in a very threatening manner.

He stated he was not moving and that I was "getting off of his bus."

I ran to a Metro police officer I had been talking with, and told them what happened.

They asked the bus operator to take me as long as I did not say anything to him.

Last time I checked, I have a First Amendment right to free speech.

From now on, I will record every bus operator I ask a legitimate to.

Metro, you need to get your act together and stop hiring THUGS!
From Sean:
While in Silver Spring around 5 p.m. on April 5, I was on my bike crossing Georgia Ave. at a pedestrian crosswalk.

I had the light.

Though I was already around halfway through the crosswalk, the driver of the Metrobus made a right turn onto Georgia Ave.

He made no attempt to slow down and would have hit me if I didn't stop.

Despite the fact that I had the right of way, and it was his responsibility to yield, he yelled at me to wait as he passed by.
Other items:
Here come fare hikes (Examiner) (WaPo take)
Metro always eco-friendly (Connection)
DC's escalator nightmare (Reason.com)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter