Monday, April 11, 2011

Burnin' the Midnight Oil



From Jenny:
Unfortunately, I had the pleasure of taking the Metro from Vienna to Clarendon in early March. I usually never take this route, and little did I know there was track work--on a Friday night--right when a Caps game let out.

It took me two hours to go six stops after waiting forever for the initial train, then transferring to a shuttle bus at West Falls Church and waiting at East Falls Church for almost 45 minutes.

I looked over at the end of the East Falls Church platform and what do I see? A bunch of WMATA employees milling around the “construction office,” which was essentially a desk, chair and lamp underneath a passenger shelter.

Just had to share.
Other items:
Plea hearing in alleged Metro bomb plot (WaPo)
After nine years, bus lanes will connect Arlington/Alexandria (Examiner)
Metro operator derailed train after 9-year medical leave (Examiner)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter