From one of our Twitter followers, it sounds like buses are effectively cut:
"MoCo General Hospital. Two Y9's at the stop. One has NO driver. The other switches OUT of Service."
"Waited almost an hour at Glenmont for a "Y" bus going to Olney. Never came. Got on the MoCo RideOn only to be passed by the Y7. Suckage."
If you're concerned about what The Washington Post calls "the biggest cuts back in [bus] service in many years," this is your week to let Metro know how you feel.
There will be six public hearings in the District, Md. and Va. All start at 6:30p.m.
Here is the schedule:
• Monday, April 13, at First United Methodist Church, Fellowship Hall, 6201 Belcrest Road, in Hyattsville, Md.
• Monday, April 13, at Marshall Road Elementary School Cafeteria, 730 Marshall Road SW, in Vienna, Va.
• Tuesday, April 14, at First Baptist Church of Wheaton, 10914 Georgia Ave. in Wheaton, Md.
• Wednesday, April 15, at Arlington County Government, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, County Board Room, 3rd Floor, in Arlington, Va.
• Wednesday, April 15, at St. Francis Xavier Church, Bailey Room, 2800 Pennsylvania Ave., SE, in Washington, D.C.
• Friday, April 17, at Metro Headquarters, 600 Fifth St., NW, in Washington, D.C.
In other news:
Stimulus tallies 2,000 transportation projects